Not sure where this is going but thought it may be interesting to put my thoughts down somewhere. I think most of the people writing blogs are younger and have more to say than I do. Still, I thought I'd give it a try.
Sunday, March 27, 2011
Why a Quiet Frenzy?
So why in the world the name "My Quiet Frenzy"? Well, my life usually falls into one of those categories and rarely in between. Life is either extremely quiet or extremely busy. The other night as I was trying to fall asleep I was tossing the idea around in my head of writing a blog. I wondered what in the world I could possibly call it and what in the world could I possibly have to say. Then my brain was a flurry of thoughts and it came to me...my life was either quiet, like that day had been, or it was a complete frenzy of activity. The last year has been more one of frenzy than quiet. That's just fine with me because it usually means I'm going somewhere or someone is coming here. My friends and I often marvel at the fact that this time in our life is actually far busier, most of the time, than it was when we had children at home. I think most of us expect that when our children are gone and the house is "empty" that life will slow down and we'll be free to do whatever. When our children were at home, we simply had to wait for them to get home from their daily activities to see them and spend time with them. Now it requires at minimum a half hour drive to see the Boy and his family or an 11 hour drive to see our Muffin and her family or a 7-1/2 hour drive to see Baby girl and her family. Oh for the days when they sat across the table and the banter of family dinner time was our evening activity. Still, we love this time in our lives and love having 6 kids instead of just 3 (we count the ones that married in) and now adding grandbabies to the tune of ten, 5 and under, by the end of August. We are blessed indeed, pressed down, shaken together and overflowing.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment